KidCoaches are dedicated adult volunteers who want to support children and youth in their development by being a key part of the Ready, Set, Goal! program. KidCoaches receive professional training and on-going support from the FPK staff and volunteer Crew Captains.
The Ready, Set, Goal! leadership and skills development program match Kids ages 9-12 from underserved communities in the GTA with KidCoaches to help them achieve a Goal of Contribution to make their community stronger.
What are the benefits of being a KidCoach?
- Build your network with hundreds of GTA professionals that are active members and volunteers of the FPK community;
- Learn about the power of coaching, sharpen your communication, and cultivate your creative thinking skills – 92% of KidCoaches use the skills they learn in their daily lives;
- Change a Kid’s life – 98% of KidCoaches see the positive impact of the Ready, Set, Goal! program on their Kid;
- Take part in the volunteer role of a lifetime, recommended by 99% of last year’s KidCoaches!
What is the benefit on the Kids?
- Receive coaching and guidance from an experienced and encouraging adult;
- Develop leadership and Possibility Thinking skills;
- Increased confidence;
- Expanded social networks.
- Professionally delivered training;
- 30 minutes a week on the phone with your Kid from November to May;
- 4 half-day Activity Days, 1 POP!Fest graduation event and;
- A total commitment of 50 hours including training over a 7-month period.
What are the Requirements?
- Submit an Application;
- Be at least 19 years of age;
- Obtain a cleared Police Check (Information to follow);
- Pass a phone interview and reference check;
- Attend our ‘Intro to KidCoaching’ session and professionally delivered ‘KidCoach Training’ and;
- Commit to 30-minute weekly phone calls with your Kid and to attend 2019-2020 program dates.
KidCoach Applications for Ready, Set, Goal! are currently closed and will re-open in May for 2020-2021. If you’re interested in becoming a KidCoach, leave us your contact information using the link below.Add me to the KidCoach contact list