About Ready, Set, Goal!
The Ready, Set, Goal! program is a six-month leadership development program that matches a child between the ages of 9-12 with their own volunteer KidCoach. Through weekly phone calls using a guided Activity Book, the KidCoach supports the child through the process of setting and accomplishing a Goal of Contribution – a goal that benefits the child’s community.
Applications are now closed for the 2021/22 program year.
For any questions, please email email@example.com.
KidCoaching – Frequently Asked Questions
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Have access to a laptop/tablet device with video conferencing capabilities
- Submit a KidCoach application
- Obtain a cleared Police Check
- Pass a phone/video interview and reference check with FPK staff
- Attend our virtual KidCoach Training
- Conduct 30-minute weekly phone calls with a Kid from November – May (24 calls in total)
- Attend 4 virtual Activity Days + POP!Fest celebration event
- Submit an online check-in report after each call
- Engage in on-going communication with a Crew Captain* (*See “What is a Crew and Crew Captain” below)
- Supportive, open, and encouraging
- Highly adaptable and understands that every Kid’s lived experience is unique
- Able to create a non-judgemental space that allows for ideation and creative expression
- Able to take a step back and allow Kids to find their own answers and take leadership in their own journey
- Follow along the Ready, Set, Goal! Activity Book
- Go through 24 sessions together + 3 fun Booster calls
- Enjoy interactive questions and activities to complete together
- Guide your Kid in creating, planning and implementing a Goal of Contribution
- Activity Day 1 - Saturday, November 27, 2021
- Activity Day 2 - Saturday, January 29, 2022
- Activity Day 3 - Saturday, April 9, 2022
- Activity Day 4 - Saturday, May 14, 2022
- POP!Fest - Saturday, May 28, 2022