Ready, Set, Connect! is a 2 week virtual leadership development program designed to empower children between the ages of 9-12 from communities across the GTA. Through daily interactive activities and guided discussions lead by a supportive Program Leader, Ready, Set, Connect! aims to provide participants with the opportunity to:
- Have fun in a supportive and positive environment
- Develop teamwork and collaboration skills through interaction with other children
- Practice and strengthen creative thinking and important problem solving skills
- Enhance community awareness and learn about civic engagement possibilities
- Build confidence and leadership skills
- Access to a laptop or tablet device with video conferencing capabilities
- Stable internet connection
- Zoom Video Conferencing Platform
- A quiet space to conduct Zoom calls
Applications are now open for Ready, Set, Connect! 2022! Click here to apply.
2022 Term Dates and Times
Term 1: July 4th to 15th
Term 2: July 18th – 29th
Term 3: August 2nd – 12th
Morning Session: 10:00 am – 11:00 am EST
Afternoon Session: 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm EST
What Kids Had to Say About Ready, Set, Connect!
“I learned how to help the community, make new friends, and find solutions to problems. I also learned more community issues and what we can do to solve them.”
“Being in this program helped me feel more confident in making a difference in my community”
“RSC! was a very fun program and I liked all of the games we had and I am sad it ended. But I still learned lots and made friends with my fellow classmates along with my teacher Emily too! I would recommend this program to everyone because it is so fun and I am sure that your leadership skill will improve lots after this! I am so grateful for everything this program has offered to me and I hope I will be able to continue too!”
Email us at email@example.com with any questions you may have.