Join our Board of Directors!
Applications close on October 6, 2021
Board Members will:
- Guide the long-term direction of Future Possibilities for Kids (FPK)
- Make a meaningful, long-lasting and life-changing impact on Kids that are the future leaders of our communities
- Engage in meaningful work that both plays to your strengths and supports you in building new skills
- Network and collaborate with a passionate, big picture thinking Board that moves our mandate forward
- Serve as a passionate ambassador and public representative for FPK
- Commit to and actively support FPK’s Anti-Oppression Framework in interactions with all stakeholders
The commitment required is:
- Initial 2-year term
- Attend bi-monthly Board meetings (currently virtual, weekday evening)
- Attend bi-monthly conference calls (weekday evening)
- Actively participate in at least one committee or special project
- Commit 2-4 hours a month towards Board, Committee, and project related work
We are focused on recruiting Board Members to support us with these skill sets, expertise and experiences, however all are welcome to apply:
- Accounting and finance
- Marketing, communications, and public relations
- Children’s health and child development
No previous Board experience is required.
Applications are due by October 6, 2021 and selected candidates will be invited to further discussion in an interview with 2 members of the Nomination Committee. Proposed term start date is December 15, 2021.
We believe that our Board must be representative of a variety of perspectives, skills, and lived experiences, and that our work must be centered around voices, communities, and people with identities and intersectionality that are typically underrepresented in spaces such as Boards of Directors. We strongly encourage applications from community members who identify as Black, Indigenous, people of colour, disabled, LGBTQ2SIA+, or members of other marginalized or underrepresented communities.
For any questions regarding this process, please email firstname.lastname@example.orgApply to become a Board Member