Join our Board of Directors!
Applications due January 25, 2021
Board Members will:
- Guide the long-term direction of Future Possibilities for Kids (FPK)
- Make a meaningful, long-lasting and life-changing impact on Kids that are the future leaders of our communities
- Engage in meaningful work that both plays to your strengths and supports you in building new skills
- Network and collaborate with a passionate, big picture thinking Board that moves our mandate forward
- Serve as a passionate ambassador and public representative for FPK
- Commit to and actively support FPK’s Anti-Oppression Framework in interactions with all stakeholders
The commitment required is:
- Initial 2-year term
- Attend monthly Board meetings
- Actively participate in at least one committee or special project
- Commit 2-4 hours a month towards Board, Committee, and project related work
We are focused on recruiting Board Members to support us with these skill sets, expertise and experiences:
- Human resources
- Application of equity, inclusion and anti-oppression principles and practices within organizations
- Community or lived experience, such as educators, parents/guardians, parent and child advocates, social services, community leaders
Applications are due by January 25, 2021 and selected candidates will be invited to further discussion. Proposed term start date is February 17, 2021.
We believe that our Board must be representative of a variety of perspectives, skills, and lived experiences, and that our work must be centered around voices, communities, and people with identities and intersectionality that are typically underrepresented in spaces such as Boards of Directors. We strongly encourage applications from community members who are Black, Indigenous, people of colour, people with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+, or members of other marginalized or underrepresented communities.
For any questions regarding this process, please email email@example.comApply to become a Board Member