KidCoaches are dedicated adult volunteers who want to support children and youth in their development by being a key part of the Ready, Set, Goal! program. KidCoaches receive professional training and on-going support from the FPK staff and volunteer Crew Captains.
The Ready, Set, Goal! leadership and skills development program match Kids ages 9-12 from underserved communities in the GTA with KidCoaches to help them achieve a Goal of Contribution to make their community stronger.
What are the benefits of being a KidCoach?
- Build your network with hundreds of GTA professionals that are active members and volunteers of the FPK community;
- Learn about the power of coaching, sharpen your communication, and cultivate your creative thinking skills – 92% of KidCoaches use the skills they learn in their daily lives;
- Change a Kid’s life – 98% of KidCoaches see the positive impact of the Ready, Set, Goal! program on their Kid;
- Take part in the volunteer role of a lifetime, recommended by 99% of last year’s KidCoaches!
What is the benefit on the Kids?
- Receive coaching and guidance from an experienced and encouraging adult;
- Develop leadership and Possibility Thinking skills;
- Increased confidence;
- Expanded social networks.
- Professionally delivered training;
- 30 minutes a week on the phone with your Kid from November to May;
- 4 half-day Activity Days, 1 POP!Fest graduation event and;
- A total commitment of 50 hours including training over a 7-month period.
What are the Requirements?
- Submit an Application;
- Be at least 19 years of age;
- Obtain a cleared Police Check (Information to follow);
- Pass a phone interview and reference check;
- Attend our ‘Intro to KidCoaching’ session and professionally delivered ‘KidCoach Training’ and;
- Commit to 30-minute weekly phone calls with your Kid and to attend 2019-2020 program dates.
Please note: If you need help accessing our KidCoach application or require an alternative format to our online version please reach out to our Program Coordinators and they will be happy to assist you. They can be reached at email@example.com or 416-923-0777 ext 236 or 240.