KidCoaches are dedicated adult volunteers who want to support children and youth in their development by being a key part of the Ready, Set, Goal! program. KidCoaches receive professional training and on-going support from the FPK staff and volunteer Crew Captains.
The Ready, Set, Goal! leadership and skills development program match Kids ages 9-12 from underserved communities in the GTA with KidCoaches to help them achieve a Goal of Contribution to make their community stronger.
What are the benefits of being a KidCoach?
- Build your network with hundreds of GTA professionals that are active members and volunteers of the FPK community;
- Learn about the power of coaching, sharpen your communication, and cultivate your creative thinking skills – 82% of KidCoaches use the skills they learn in their daily lives;
- Change a Kid’s life – 96% of KidCoaches see the positive impact of the Ready, Set, Goal! program on their Kid;
- Take part in the volunteer role of a lifetime, recommended by 98% of current KidCoaches!
What is the benefit on the Kids?
- Receive coaching and guidance from an experienced and passionate adult role-model;
- Develop leadership and Possibility Thinking skills;
- Increased confidence – 98% of Kids increase their confidence and self-esteem and;
- Increased social awareness – 97% of Kids say they would give back to the community in the future.
- Professionally delivered training;
- 30 minutes a week on the phone with your Kid from November to May;
- 4 half-day Activity Days, 1 POP Graduation night and;
- A total commitment of 50 hours including training over a 7-month period.
What are the Requirements?
- Submit an Application;
- Be at least 19 years of age;
- Obtain a cleared Police Check (Information to follow);
- Pass a phone interview and reference check;
- Attend our ‘Intro to KidCoaching’ session and professionally delivered ‘KidCoach Training’ and;
- Commit to 30-minute weekly phone calls with your Kid and to attend 2019-2020 program dates.